Monday, October 31, 2005

Birthday wish

My birthday wish was thwarted by poor preparation. I was scheduled to work late on my birthday so I had the morning off - a perfect opportunity to give myself a present of a nice massage and happy ending. After seeing a review of one of the many massage parlors in the city (one that was not near my temporary office) I decided to hop on a bus and get there about the time they opened.

The directions in the local free alternative newspaper seemed pretty clear but they were for drivers getting off the highway. I figured I knew the neighborhood pretty well so I went on instinct. My instinct failed me.

I took a bus to an intersection where I thought I should take the first right. It looked good - an industrial area near one of the air dance strip clubs I never patronize, probably a mob-protected area. However none of the streets matched the ones in the newpaper. I walked around the auto salvage yard and the graphic house and the taxi company before I decided to go back to the main street and maybe catch the next bus to the MP about a mile up the road.

As I got out to the bus stop a beat up Chevy van with some contractor's name on the side went by and the passenger yelled to me. I panicked a little, thinking it was someone I knew. I started creating excuses to explain why I was where I was in the middle of a weekday morning. I don't know too many construction workers so I figured if he ever remembered, I decided to just deny it was me.

I must have been between busses so I decided I would just walk back downtown and save my trip (and my money) for another day. When I got to my office I did a mapquest search and found I was just a few blocks off. Oh well. I will have a couple of opportunities in the upcoming weeks including a trip to the big city where I can just disappear for an hour without anyone being the wiser.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

i'm sorry i missed your b'day. many belated kisses for you!!! ps. the above is spam, darlin', and you can erase it by clicking on "moderate comments" in blogger. unless of course you wanna link to hotties in bras ... snicker smile xoxoxo - lola CDOAv.2

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger noman said...

Thanks for the birthday wish, lo. I have been getting too much spam here & I try to manually delete them when I have time. I will moderate comments now that I know how (thanks). Hopefully I will get them posted in a timely manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home