Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I thought the stars were all lined up

It was another Sunday afternoon after my trip when things started to fall into place. My wife was involved in a project that was going to occupy her time for several hours; I had an excuse to go on some errands; the busses don’t run very often so I could pad my excursion with enough time to squeeze in a visit to my favorite bikini bar. Enough with those midwest rules – I was ready for some two-way contact with a willing dancer. On Sundays private dances were 2 for 1 and I could even put up with the NASCAR races on TV that they promote to bring in business.

It was a cool day and downtown was deserted. The circus had left town and it was Mother’s Day so only the panhandlers and a few working stiffs were around. Everything was going my way but I had a feeling that something would go wrong. It was too easy. Maybe I would see a friend who was catching up on work in his office or I might run into a relative who had his own errands to run.

I ducked down the club’s side street – there was no reason to ‘duck’ since I saw no one in any direction. I reached for that door and – locked. The sign taped to the door said the club would open at 6 pm because of Mother’s Day. Nice of them to be so considerate of the moms on their staff.

Oh well. I knew it was too easy. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and put my best-laid plans on hold.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

awww, bummer! nice climax to the story though. actually, i don't feel too bad for you though. bein' mom's day and all - the ladies do deserve a nice breakfast in bed or at the local ihop with their kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home