Monday, January 31, 2005

Condensed soup

Interesting article from a few months ago in the British newspaper The Observer titled The Brothel Creeper. It’s a cynical but perceptive look at the differences between sex for money and sex with a more spiritual/emotional basis. The article is based on the old joke that sex for money is a lot less expensive than sex for free. His philosophy: "…the prostitute and the client, like the addict and the dealer, is the most successfully exploitative relationship of all. And the most pure. It is free of ulterior motives. There is no squalid power game. The man is not taking and the woman is not giving. The whore fuck is the purest fuck of all."

There must be (or have been) a debate in England about legalizing prostitution, and even though the author advocates patronizing prostitutes, he still wants brothels to remain illegal because he treasures his secret life. Although I’m not addicted enough (yet) to be pursuing street-walkers, I’m realistic enough to see strip clubs, at least where I live, to be brothels in disguise.

As I see it, I’m living a very compressed version of the experimental period I never had. I married pretty young and did not ‘play the field.’ That was actually OK during the beginnings of the AIDS epidemic in the eighties – monogamy was cool – but in these sex-obsessed times, it makes me wonder what it’s all about. So my short-term relationships that I should have had before I was married are now happening in the very short term, like say a half-hour or so.

The meeting phase happens when a dancer does her 15-minute shift on the stage, stopping by to flirt, to entice, to sell herself to me & I make a decision to get to the courting phase. I ask her for a private dance. Courting is just small talk as we wait for the next song to begin and then we progress toward consummating the relationship during the dance, starting off slowly, getting hotter and hotter, and finally reach what we both want. I get off and she gets her just reward.

We then have an amicable break-up and go our merry ways. It’s a stripped down (so to speak) version of a relationship – stripped of emotional baggage, dependence, and animosity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home